Privacy Login for ABOs
Amway Privacy Notice for Amway Business Owners
This Privacy Notice describes how Amway Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. of No. 28, Jalan 223, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia (hereinafter “Amway” or “we”) uses personal data collected or received from Amway Business Owners (“ABOs”) (hereinafter “you”). It describes how we collect or receive your personal data, the types of personal data we process, how we use, share and protect these data, how long we retain these data, your rights with respect to the processing of your personal data, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
How We Collect and Receive Personal Data from You
Registration. Amway collects your personal data through the registration form that you complete and send to us in paper form or electronically through the applicable Amway, or its affiliates, website or application (the “Website”) in order to become an ABO.
Logged in as ABO. If you are logged in on the Website as an ABO we collect personal data that you provide to us while using the Website, for example, when you order products or services.
Contacting Us. You may also choose to submit your personal data and other information to us through various communication channels provided on the “Contact Us” webpage of the Website, for example, Amway e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or online forms. If you contact us in our call centers, we will record the call.
Amway affiliates and ABOs. We may also receive personal data from affiliates of Amway and from other ABOs.
The Types of Personal Data We Process
We may process the following types of personal data relating to you:
- Contact information (e.g., name, postal or e-mail address, fax number and phone number);
- ABO organizational information (e.g., ABO company name, profession and ownership and management details);
- Gender, age, nationality, date and country of birth;
- Marital Status
- ABO registration number, username and password;
- Passport details (including number, issue date, issue location and expiration date) and National ID/NRIC number to the extent permitted or required by applicable law;
- Payment information (e.g., such as bank account or credit card numbers);
- ABO performance information (e.g., class, status, group and personal qualifications under the Amway Sales and Marketing Plan and financial/bonus history);
- Information about calls you make to our call centers (e.g., a recording of the call);
- Product preferences, purchasing habits, purchasing history and spending behaviour; and
- Communication preferences.
We may process other personal data in exceptional circumstances only. If we need to process other types of personal data about you, we will make sure that you are informed about the processing of your personal data and that there is a valid legal basis for doing so (e.g. your consent).
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We only process your personal data to the extent it is necessary (i) for the performance of your agreement with us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement with us; (ii) to comply with our legal obligations; or (iii) for the purpose of our legitimate interests, including operating, evaluating and improving our business; preventing and protecting us and others against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and ensuring compliance with company policies and industry standards. For companies like Amway that have global business operations, processing business partner’s personal data for internal administrative purposes is typically also considered a legitimate interest. As required under law, we have carefully balanced our legitimate business interests against your data protection rights.
In particular, we process personal data we obtain about you to:
- To manage your registration as an ABO; CLICK HERE to view the Terms & Conditions of your registration as an ABO;
- Create and manage your online account and respond to your inquiries;
- Process your orders of products or services;
- Communicate with you (e.g., about products or services or general ABO issues);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our services, including by:
- Evaluating your satisfaction with our current communications, materials, products and/or services;
- Tracking and analyzing your use of products, materials and/or services; and
- Developing new products and services.
- Track, document and evaluate participation in Amway meetings and events;
- Assessing your performance under your Amway Business Agreement with us;
- Provide business performance information to you;
- Provide your contact information, business identification information and business performance information to upline ABOs, and contact information to downline ABOs;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities;
- Enforce contractual terms and conditions;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
How We Share Personal Data
Amway does not sell, rent or trade your personal data. Amway does share your personal data with:
- Entities within the Amway group to whom it is reasonably necessary or desirable for Amway to disclose personal data;
- ABOs, to allow communication regarding products, services and orders relating to the Amway Business;
- Providers of Infrastructure- or Platform- or Software-as-a-Service solutions, software development services, information system maintenance services, record management services or marketing services within, or outside of Malaysia or your local market; and
- Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, legal interests, property or safety of others or ourselves.
International Data Transfers
We transfer the personal data we collect about you to entities within the Amway group, including Amway’s mother company Alticor Inc. Some of them may be located in countries other than the country in which the data were originally collected. We transfer the personal data we collect about you to third-party service providers that may be located outside of the country in which the data were originally collected, and process personal data on our or Amway group entities’ behalf.
The laws of those countries may not have the same level of data protection as the country in which you initially provided the data. When we transfer your personal data to other countries, we will protect that data as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
Amway has put in place measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected, including by requiring the third-party service provider to undertake that it will only use personal data to provide services to Amway or its affiliates and will maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect the personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please contact us using our contact details provided below, if you have any questions with respect to the safeguards we have put in place to protect your personal data when transferred outside your country (including how to obtain a copy or consult these safeguards).
We endeavor to ensure that those countries provide a standard of protection comparable to that under the PDPA.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect the personal data we process against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How Long We Retain Personal Data
We store personal data only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data (see above under “How We Use the Personal Data We Collect”), except if required otherwise by law. Please contact us using our contact details provided below, if you have any questions with respect to our data retention practices.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Amway may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Notice on the relevant Amway websites, in official Amway publications, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication, unless otherwise provided in the notification.
Your rights under applicable law may include access to the personal data we process about you, the right to have such personal data corrected or erased, the right to restrict the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to data portability. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that has happened based on your consent prior to the withdrawal. To exercise these rights, you should make a written request using our contact details set out below. If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your request, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
How to Contact Us
If you have any comments or inquiries about this Website Privacy Notice, if you would like to update information we have about you, or to exercise your rights, you may contact your local affiliate via the email@example.com or by letter: 28, Jalan 223, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia or you may contact Evy Loh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated as of December 2019